Resources quick links
Bringing together Parliamentary select committee reports, video clips and other supporting materials, it looks at the dilemmas facing governments when dealing with countries whose approach to human rights differs from our own.
Time required: 1 hour + optional pre-work
This resource supports the A Level Government & Politics syllabus.
- Find out about human rights in the UK
- Explore human rights in different countries around the world
- Consider recent debates about how the UK interacts with countries with different human rights standards
- Use Parliamentary reports and other sources to carry out research
- Explore a complex issue, consider different points of view, and express their opinion
- Engage with current affairs and recent political debates
Foreign Affairs Committee report
Foreign Affairs Committee report on the FCO's human rights work.