House of Lords Data Protection information

The Clerk of the Parliaments is the data controller for the House of Lords. The House's Data Protection policy statement is below.

The House of Lords Data Protection policy

How to access your personal information?

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a general right of access to personal information held about you. This right is known as the 'subject access right'.

How to make a subject access request to the House of Lords?

You will need to make a written request (includes an e-mail) to:

The Data Protection Officer,
Clerk of the Parliaments’ Office,
House of Lords,

Please provide proof of your identity e.g. a photocopy of your valid passport or photocard driving licence and proof of your address e.g. a photocopy of a recent council tax or utility bill.

You may choose to use the form below. If you do not use the form you should provide sufficient information to assist us in locating the information you require.


We do not charge for supplying information in response to a subject access request.

What happens next?

Once we have received your request and have sufficient information to locate the information and confirm your identity we will respond within 40 days of the latest of the following:

• receipt of your request; or
• receipt of any further information from you which is required to enable us to comply with your request.

House of Lords Subject Access Request Form (PDF PDF 48 KB)