A popular combination of a guided tour or audio tour through both Houses of Parliament followed by stylish afternoon tea beside the River Thames.
What does the tour plus afternoon tea cover?
A tour plus afternoon tea includes:
This table service afternoon tea is taken in one of the riverside rooms in the House of Commons, usually the Terrace Pavilion. Up to 70 people can be accommodated per sitting.
Parliament’s award winning chefs have created a tempting seasonal menu of savouries and sweets made freshly on site which combines tradition with a modern twist. Beverages include a large selection of luxury teas and freshly brewed coffee.
Vegetarian and gluten-free options can be arranged if requested when booking. Unfortunately this afternoon tea offer is not suitable for those requiring a dairy-free diet.
Afternoon tea sittings are occasionally subject to variation (e.g. change of room or menu) or cancellation due to parliamentary business.
Tours plus afternoon tea are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on most Saturdays throughout the year and on selected weekdays during parliamentary recesses.
Tickets can now be booked for afternoon tea sittings on:
- Most Saturdays until 26 November 2016 at 2pm and 3.45pm (except 6 August and 5 November)
- Thursdays 16 and 23 June 2016 at 3.45pm
- Fridays 17 and 24 June 2016 at 2pm
- Tuesday to Friday between 26 July and 2 September 2016 at 2pm and 3.45pm (except 30 August)
- Tuesday to Friday between 16 and 27 September at 3.45pm (except 20 September)
- Weekdays 28 and 29 September at 2pm and 3.45pm
- Weekdays 30 September, 6 October and 7 October 2016 at 3.45pm
The tour and afternoon tea must be taken on the same day and booked at least 72 hours in advance. It is recommended that the selected tour start time is at least 1½ hours (audio tours) or 2 hours (guided tours) before the required afternoon tea sitting.
Any amendments or cancellations to afternoon tea bookings require 72 hours notice, in advance of your afternoon tea. No refunds or exchanges will be given after this time.
Prices and booking
- Afternoon tea: £29 (in addition to the price of the tour ticket)
Bookings can be made:
By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
More information about booking for groups is available on the Groups and travel trade page.
Afternoon tea image: © Gar Powell-Evans