The Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (PACAC) holds its first evidence session on the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) report on High Speed 2 Ltd (HS2).
Tuesday 23 February 2016, The Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Deborah Fazan, HS2 Residents’ Commissioner
- Robert Goodwill MP, Minister of State, Department for Transport
- Simon Kirby, Chief Executive Officer, HS2 Ltd
- Oliver Bayne, Director of Land and Property, HS2 Ltd
Purpose of the session
The Committee questions HS2 Ltd and the Government about the findings and recommendations in the PHSO report and the actions they are taking as a result. The Committee will also take evidence from the HS2 Ltd Residents' Commissioner on the issues raised in the report. Key issues to be explored include:
- how well HS2 Ltd communicates and engages with residents who may be affected by HS2, and the actions being taking to improve engagement and communication
- how well HS2 Ltd handle complaints about its communication and engagement and actions being taken to improve its complaint handling
Please note that this is a joint evidence session. After hearing evidence about the PHSO report on HS2, the Committee will hear from a third panel of witnesses about the PHSO report on NHS clinical investigations and complaint handling.