On Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 November the House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee takes evidence in Brussels for their inquiry into online platforms and the EU digital single market.
The Sub-Committee takes evidence from:
- Giovanni Buttarelli, European Data Protection Supervisor
- David Viros, French Competition Authority
- Charly Berthet, French Digital Council
- Evelyne Gebhardt MEP
- Clare Moody MEP
- Professor Daniel Zimmer, the Chair of the Monopolies Commission, Germany
- Dr Thomas Weck, Senior Legal Analyst, Monopolies Commission, Germany
- Vicky Ford MEP, Chair of IMCO
- Martin Bailey, DG Connect
- Nicolas Banasevic, DG Competition
- Claire Bury, DG Grow
The Committee is carrying out an inquiry examining the benefits and challenges posed by online platforms operating in Europe, as embodied by companies such as Amazon, Google, Uber and Airbnb.