We are pleased to announce the full timings and details for the UKYouth Parliament (UKYP) annual sitting taking place this Friday 13 November. For this special event, 300 young people will take over the House of Commons chamber for a debate chaired by the Rt Hon John Bercow MP, Speaker of the House of Commons.
Members, aged 11-18, will debate the big issues voted for by over 960,000 young people across the UK through this year’s Make Your Mark campaign. They will then vote to choose the two issues that will become the UKYP’s priority campaigns for 2016.
Schools are invited to tune in to watch all or some of the debate with their students as part of Citizenship or Government and Politics lessons.
Watch from 11.10am (session concludes by 12.40pm)
- Working together to combat racism and religious discrimination
- Mental Health Services should be improved with our help
- Make public transport cheaper, better and accessible for all
Watch from 1.30pm (session concludes around 4.00pm)
- A curriculum to prepare us for life
- Everyone should be paid at least the Living Wage
This year’s UKYP sitting marks the start of Parliament Week, a week-long programme of events and activities that connect people across the UK with Parliament and democracy.