Workshops and assemblies
Our friendly, experienced Education Outreach team offers a range of different workshops to suit your students' needs. Workshops are usually accompanied by an introductory assembly.
All our workshops are:
- Free of charge
- Designed to engage students with themes such as democracy, representation, making laws or voting
- Up to half a day long
- Aimed at students aged 7 to 18
- Delivered by our designated Outreach Officers in the South West, North West and North East of England
- Linked to various aspects of the curriculum including Citizenship, Modern Studies, Social Sciences, Humanities and other related subjects.
- The Education Outreach team also deliver workshops in specific regions across the UK (subject to availability)
Activities are delivered to help teachers bring Parliament alive in your school, and teachers take an active part in these sessions.
Activity sessions for students can be aimed at whole year groups, assemblies or specialist subject focus days. Topics cover a wide range of themes, ranging from how Parliament works to debating, voting and elections. All sessions focus on active learning and participation.
To find out more about our regional outreach, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.