Last revised: 14 May 2015
Added: 16 March 2004
Case Management Software
So you are interested in case management software? A number of case management software products are available from private suppliers. Each of these is different and geared to meet a particular need, so it is important that you know exactly what use you want to make of the product before you buy. Costs can vary hugely, too, so it pays to do some research before you buy. For example, find an MP’s office which uses the product which interests you, and ask how it works for them.
Before deciding to use any of these, please consult the PICT to ensure compatibility with software supplied by the House of Commons.
Here are brief details of some of the products commonly available. In addition, there are a number which are developed specifically for use by solicitors.
Inclusion in this list does not imply any sort of approval, and you are recommended to undertake your own enquiries. Again, please verify with the supplier.
Packages we are aware of are:
CFL Caseworker is available for use by Labour members of Parliament and their staff.
CFL Caseworker is available for use by elected Labour representatives, their staff, and left-of-centre or politically neutral NGOs/charities.
It was first released in 1990 and has been continually improved over the years to ensure it meets the specific needs that Labour members have. CFL Caseworker is used by the overwhelming majority of Labour MPs, MSPs and Welsh Assembly members.
CFL Caseworker’s core features:
- Records and tracks all casework and policy issues.
- Links directly to Microsoft Word, to produce individual or bulk mailings.
- Scans incoming mail and imports emails directly into a case record; helping you achieve a paperless office.
- Can be networked ensuring both Westminster and constituency offices have access to the same case information.
- Works on a laptop for visits to constituents or non-office surgeries
- Integrates with the electoral register for fast and accurate data entry
- Updated through downloads from our website www.cfl.org.uk
Core support features:
- Support that’s convenient for you, by phone, email or site visits.
- Monthly training courses; sign on at www.cfl.org.uk
CMITS Case Management, designed by Members for Members
The system has now been adopted by almost a fifth of the House and has been around since 2003. It complements the hardware provided by PICT and is fully integrated with the installed Microsoft Office products. It is a recognised and trusted product that PICT allow direct network support via a network connection agreement and non disclosure agreement. This enables CMITS support to shadow user PCs to offer shadow support, advice and assistance. The electoral register can be integrated into the system to cut down data entry. CMITS is a comprehensive data management tool which in addition to casework also has a complete document management system with document scanning, email capture, web and file link options. The system also has press release management, a surgery and meeting management facility, EDM and parliamentary questions tools as well as a complete statistical analysis tool. For those using laptops it is also possible to have the system installed for use on the move.
Website: www.cmits.net There is an online demo.
Contact: Martin P McSweeney
Head of Development
AIMS Advice & Information Management System
The AIMS case management software is produced by Lasa and is widely used by hundreds of independent advice providers across the UK. A new free version of AIMS is available for immediate download from www.lasa.org.uk/aims/download
The AIMS system provides:
- easy to use and ready to go case management
- completely configurable client, problems, work and outcome details
- a suite of standard and design your own reports
- enables document linking and Word integration
- advanced features include automatic reminders, room booking diary, linking third parties, mass communication tools and lots more…
We offer training throughout the year, provide telephone, email and web site support.
Contact: AIMS@lasa.org.uk. Phone: 020 7377 2806
Website: www.lasa.org.uk which includes information on training, support and upgrades. You can also download a demonstration.
Deltascheme Case Management
Case Management with SharePoint provides organisations with the tools to capture, manage and assign actions against case, complaints, claims, requests for information etc. Deltascheme is a leading Case management with SharePoint solution developer and provider. We have been implementing complex Case Management solutions for more than 15 years, and have built up an impressive number of references across all industry sectors.
Caseworker.mp is the only cloud based Casework Management software designed specifically for MPs. Launched in February 2014 the system already has over 120 users from 4 political parties.
As a cloud based system there is no software to install.This means the system will work on any device including home computers, Apple Macs, iPads and Android Tablets. Built using the latest Internet technologies with a modern easy to use interface, Caseworker.mp is the next generation of Casework Management software.
Key features include:
• Built at web scale, meaning lightning quick searches and no waiting around;
• Secure, uses the same encryption as internet banking as well as two factor authentication;
• No need to sync between Westminster and the constituency. You are always using the latest data;
• Centrally updated Ministerial database including ministerial email contacts;
• Full third party contacts system allowing letters to be auto populated with constituent and recipient information;
• Electoral Register integration speeds up data input;
• Advanced automation means automatic roll searches, auto assignment of emails to existing cases and intelligent auto-suggest;
• Integrated inbox means that you capture information about constituents and their case whilst replying to emails. No more replying to an email and then logging the constituent and case in a separate programme;
• Detailed and easy to use statistics system allows tracking of case types and staff workload as well as trends over time;
• Integrated bulk email system with easy to use segmentation and exports;
• Digital letters, send digitally signed letters on your own letterhead to ministers, third parties and constituents. No more envelope stuffing!
Price: £500 setup (includes 4 Yubikey one time password generators and data transfer from your old syste) plus £500 annual hosting and support fee
Contact: Elected Technolgies on email@example.com or 0333 344 1225