Work experience

The House of Commons offers work experience to secondary school students as part of their careers education, students must be over 14 years old and up to 18 years old to take part in work experience

Where can I gain experience?

The House of Commons is made up of a number of departments and offices. Roles vary from committee clerks to chefs, HR officers to craft & maintenance specialists.

To find out more information about the departments you can gain work experience in, please go to the Departments & Offices of the House of Commons webpage.

How do I apply for work experience?

The application process for the Work Experience scheme 2015 is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications.

This webpage will be updated with details of how to apply for the Work Experience scheme 2016 at a later date.

Working for an MP

If you would like to apply for work experience with an MP, you need to contact their constituency office directly. More information can be found on the w4mp website.

Contact us

If you have any questions about the scheme or the application process, please email 

House of Commons Enquiry Service

Contact us to find out more about the work, history and membership of the Commons.