Welcome to GOV.UK

The best place to find government services and information

Simpler, clearer, faster

Services and information

  1. Benefits

    Includes tax credits, eligibility and appeals

  2. Births, deaths, marriages and care

    Parenting, civil partnerships, divorce and Lasting Power of Attorney

  3. Business and self-employed

    Tools and guidance for businesses

  4. Childcare and parenting

    Includes giving birth, fostering, adopting, benefits for children, childcare and schools

  5. Citizenship and living in the UK

    Voting, community participation, life in the UK, international projects

  6. Crime, justice and the law

    Legal processes, courts and the police

  1. Disabled people

    Includes carers, your rights, benefits and the Equality Act

  2. Driving and transport

    Includes vehicle tax, MOT and driving licences

  3. Education and learning

    Includes student loans, admissions and apprenticeships

  4. Employing people

    Includes pay, contracts and hiring

  5. Environment and countryside

    Includes flooding, recycling and wildlife

  6. Housing and local services

    Owning or renting and council services

  1. Money and tax

    Includes debt and Self Assessment

  2. Passports, travel and living abroad

    Includes renewing passports and travel advice by country

  3. Visas and immigration

    Visas, asylum and sponsorship

  4. Working, jobs and pensions

    Includes holidays and finding a job

Departments and policy

The websites of all government departments and many other agencies and public bodies have been merged into GOV.UK.

Here you can see all policies, announcements, publications, statistics and consultations.

Find out how government services are performing and how satisfied users are.

Do your Self Assessment today

Do your Self Assessment today

Do your tax return and find inner peace.

Driving licence counterpart

Driving licence counterpart

From 8 June 2015 you no longer need the paper counterpart to your photocard driving licence.

Right to Rent

Right to Rent

If you're a landlord, you must check your tenants are allowed to live in the UK legally.