Equality & diversity
On this page you will find our equality and diversity information. This includes:
- publications that set out how equality applies to all our activities
- how we ensure equal access to our services and promote an inclusive workforce
- our progress on equality and current issues
- equality impact assessments of key areas of our work
Our equal opportunities policy statement
This statement provides a summary of how we promote equality of opportunity for all our stakeholders.
Equality scheme 2014
This is our statutory equality scheme for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It sets out how we aim to promote equality and diversity as an employer, through our work on effective regulation of party and election finance and setting standards for well-run elections and electoral registration.
The scheme identifies our equality and diversity priorities and contains an action plan setting out our on-going activities and other work we will undertake to meet our priorities.
Northern Ireland equality scheme
We have brought together our Northern Ireland scheme with our equality scheme for Great Britain in our Equality Scheme 2013. This covers our duties under all of the equality legislation across the UK and has been statutorily approved by the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland.
Welsh language scheme
Our statutory Welsh Language Scheme sets out our commitment to provide our services in Welsh, in accordance with the Welsh Language Act 1993.
Equality and diversity progress reports
These reports set out our progress on equality and current issues we are dealing with.
- Equality and diversity at the Commission progress report – April 2014 (PDF)
- Equality and diversity at the Commission progress report – July 2012 (PDF)
- Equality and diversity at the Commission progress report – January 2012 (PDF)
Equality impact assessments
These are summaries of equality impact assessments (EIAs) of key areas of our work. We conduct EIAs to make sure we don’t exclude anybody from accessing or delivering our services. EIAs also offer opportunities to promote equality.
- Guidance and forms – Equality Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Performance standards and guidance for Returning Officers – Equality Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Post 3 May polls public opinion survey – Equality Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Our Enforcement Policy and prioritising our regulatory activity – Equality Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Evidence we use to support Equality Impact Assessments (PDF)
Our research and equality
The paper below sets out our approach to equality in our research: