Contact your MP

Contact your MP

MPs can assist their constituents in a variety of ways, from making private enquiries for you, to raising matters publicly in the House of Commons.


Contacting your MP

MPs have contact details that are public so their constituents can get in touch with them. In most cases you can write, phone, fax or email

When to contact your MP

Everyone has the right to contact their local MP to discuss issues affecting them.


The UK is currently divided into 650 areas called parliamentary constituencies, each of which is represented by one MP in the House of Commons.

Related information

Need a government minister?

If you wish to contact a government minister in connection to their ministerial responsibilities please use the contact facilities on their departmental website.

Related internet links

Parliament is not responsible for the content of external websites.