The Education Committee takes evidence from Charlie Taylor, Chief Executive of the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL), as part of a one-off session on the NCTL.
Wednesday 11 February 2015, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Peter Kent, President, Association of School and College Leaders
- James Noble-Rogers, Executive Director, Universities’ Council for the Education of Teachers
- Ben Thomas, National Officer, UNISON Education and Children’s Services
- Amanda Timberg, Executive Director, Programme, TeachFirst
- Charlie Taylor, Chief Executive, NCTL
Purpose of the session
The session builds upon the contributions to the Committee’s recent evidence check web forum on the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
The NCTL was created in September 2013 from a merger of the Teaching Agency and the National College for School Leadership. Its main aims are facilitating initial teacher training and supporting schools to take control of their own recruitment and training.
The Committee looks to find how effective it is and how well it is achieving those aims.
Join the conversation on twitter using the hashtag #NCTL.
Image: Parliamentary copyright