About the session
Please note that this visit is available to UK schools only.
Explore the Palace of Westminster, learning about the history of Parliament and the art and architecture of the buildings which have come to be so recognised. This experience is great for those who want a short visit to experience first-hand the Palace of Westminster through a focused, educational tour.
Because the Palace is the home of our working Parliament we cannot always show you everything.
Your visit might include:
- The House of Commons or House of Lords chambers
- Westminster Hall, the last remaining part of the original Palace
- Central Lobby, at the very heart of the Parliamentary Estate
Once booked we will notify your school's constituency MP that you are coming to Parliament but we do not arrange any meeting for this particular programme. Please note that during the Dissolution and General Election period in April and early May 2015, there will be no MPs in Parliament, so we will be unable to notify them of your visit if it falls during this time.
Open to: UK students from Key Stage 2 to 5
Places per session: 25 (to include students and teachers)
Dates: See "How to Book" section below
Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Visiting times and information
Palace of Westminster tours will run at the following times from Monday - Wednesday:
09:05 - 10:20
09:15 - 10:30
10:20 - 11:35
10:25 - 11:40
10:35 - 11:50
11:45 - 13:00
11:50 - 13:05
11:55 - 13:10
12:00 - 13:15
Please note that during the period between 16 April to 8 May 2015 only, there will also be some availability for School Tours of Parliament on the Thursdays and Fridays.
How to book
Bookings for our school tours of Parliament are booked through our telephone bookings days. We advise that you note the booking line opening date for the term you're interested in:
- Spring term for vists for 5 January - 27 March 2015 is now fully booked
- (NB : Education programmes will not run 16 - 20 February 2015)
- Summer term 2015 for visits 13 April - 21 July 2015 (excluding 4 May, 18-20 May, 25 - 29 May and 1 - 3 June ) limited availability
- Our next bookings day is Thursday 30 April 2015 for Autumn term - dates tbc : Lines open from 8:30 am
On the day please call 0207 219 4496 and we can only take requests via telephone, not e-mail.
Before calling our telephone line on bookings day, make sure you know what to expect by reading ourinformation for bookings day
Please note that Parliament's Education Service programmes are extremely popular and fill up quickly.
Information to help you plan a safe visit
Map of the Parliamentary estate