What does the audio tour cover?
The audio commentary brings to life this tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons. The audio tour takes around 60 to 75 minutes and features leading Parliamentary figures such as Mr Speaker and Black Rod.
Tour highlights include:
*Designated seating areas
Tours are occasionally subject to variation or cancellation due to the State Opening of Parliament and other Parliamentary business.
Audio tours are currently offered in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Mandarin. Visitor Assistants are on hand all along the tour route to answer questions.
A family version of the audio tour, aimed at children aged 7 to 12, is also available in English. The engaging commentary is in the style of a ‘live’ news broadcast with time travelling reporters ‘reporting from the scene’ on stories associated with the Houses of Parliament.
For visitors who are deaf or who have a hearing loss a screen-based version of the audio tour is available in British Sign Language.
Afternoon tea in the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on most weekdays during Parliamentary recesses including Christmas, Easter and the summer.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- All Saturdays until 25 July 2015 (except 21 March 2015)
- Tuesday to Friday between 13 and 20 February 2015
- Monday to Friday between 31 March and 6 May 2015 (except 3, 6, 30 April and 4 May 2015)
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day between 9.20am to 4.30pm (except Monday to Friday between 13 April and 6 May 2015, 12.40pm to 4.45pm).
The tour route closes one hour after the final admissions.
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £17.50 (£18.00*)
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £15 (£15.50*)
- Children (5-15 years): One child free with each paying adult, but will require a ticket for admission, £7 (£7.20*) for each additional child
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
*Denotes prices for audio tours from 1 April 2015 onwards
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
Individual bookings can be made:
By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 5 on the map).
The Ticket Office is open on Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 8.45am to 4.45pm.
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
- Adults: £14 (£14.40*)
- Children (up to 15 years): £7 (£7.20*)
*Denotes group rates for audio tours from 1 April 2015 onwards
Group bookings can be made:
Online (for groups of up to 25 people)
By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114