Resources quick links
In the short film, Baroness Massey explains the significance of the window. The film is accompanied by a downloadable support pack containing:
- Background information about the window
- Further information about the suffragettes
- Lesson plans with a choice of three approaches
- Worksheets for students
Learning outcomes vary depending which of the three lesson activities is chosen. They include the following.
- Learn about key events and key individuals in the struggle for votes for women
- Express their preferences and views about a work of art
- Find out about techniques used to create stained glass windows
- Carry out research (e.g. looking at the use of stained glass in their local area or finding out about other works by the artist, Shona McInnes)
- Consider the story they would most like to tell through a piece of art
- Create their own artwork
Supporting materials for teachers
Notes for teachers and suggestions for classroom activities for key stage 2 art.
pdf file - 5.6 MB