Financial Assistance to Opposition Parties

An allowance is paid to Opposition parties in Parliament to help them with their office, research and travel costs. In the Commons this is referred to as 'Short Money';  in the Lords it is called 'Cranborne Money'.

Further information:

Library Standard Note: Short money

Related Glossary term: Short Money

« Back to Glossary