Immerse yourself in the politics of Parliament with this unique professional development opportunity. Teachers of Government & Politics, Citizenship and related subjects, and other education professionals, can apply to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable course based at the Houses of Parliament. The programme covers travel costs (for UK delegates), residential accommodation and most meals. All resources, workshops and events are free of charge.
The Teachers' Institute offers:
- A tour of the Palace of Westminster
- The chance to watch debates in the chambers
- Q&A with Members from both Houses
- Informative sessions to improve delegates' knowledge of Parliament and democracy
- Activities that will help to develop classroom resources
- Networking opportunities
Dates & booking
The next week long Teachers' Institute will take place 29 June - 3 July 2015. Applications will open at 9am on 5 January and close at 5pm on 31 March.
To request an application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org