In light of the UK General Election in May 2015, ITV Regional News is working with schools to get young people involved in the political process. Below is a selection of Parliament Education Service's debating and election resources to support schools participating. To find out what schools are doing in your part of the country head to www.itv.com/news/ and look under 'your area'.
Debating and election resources
- Election Toolkit - Run a mock election to help your students understand and experience the process in the run up to the 2015 General Election.
- Create the Debate - A debating pack for KS3-5 students including warm-up activities, debating methods and information about how debates are run in the House of Commons chamber.
- Elections and Voting video - Use this short film to delve deeper into the voting process, including our right to vote, how candidates and parties gain votes and what happens once an MP is elected.
- Workshops in your school - The Education Outreach team can help inspire and engage your students in their political literacy lessons by running workshops in schools around the country.
- The Campaign Trail KS2 game - A fun activity for primary students that communicates serious concepts of active citizenship and campaigning.