The House of Commons is committed to continually improving accessibility to the estate and the services and facilities we offer to people with disabilities.
Some of the facilities and assistance available so that everyone can get around:
- adjacent to Westminster London Underground station – one of most accessible and step-free tube stations in London;
- step free access via the Cromwell Green and Portcullis House visitor entrances to enter the estate;
- accessible toilets on all floors;
- fitted induction hearing loops in some of our venues and portable loops for use in others;
- wide internal corridors allowing access throughout the building;
- passenger lifts for ease of movement between floors;
- main access routes through the building are uncarpeted floors enabling ease of manoeuvrability for wheelchair users;
- assistance dogs welcome;
- Visitor Assistants are on hand both outside and within the Palace of Westminster to offer assistance and help answer any questions you might have about access concerns.
Please speak with a co-ordinator for further information on specific support for people with mobility, hearing or visual impairments.