Resources quick links
To mark the 800th anniversary of the sealing of Magna Carta, Parliament is inviting schools to host a themed assembly during the week of 15 June 2015 to celebrate and reflect on this important document and its legacy today.
Included in this pack is a copy of Magna Carta provided by Salisbury Cathedral as well as a blank poster template to inspire your students to consider the rights and freedoms they would include if they were creating a Magna Carta for today.
- Know that 15 June 2015 marks 800 years since the sealing of Magna Carta
- Gain an overview understanding of the story behind Magna Carta
- Know that there are three clauses of Magna Carta still relevant today
- Reflect on the significance of Magna Carta in the development of rights and freedoms in the UK
- Consider what rights they believe are important in the UK today
This resource is part of the 2015 Parliament in the Making programme