The Management Board is responsible for the management of the services provided by the Departments of the House of Commons
In October 2007 the House of Commons Commission agreed to establish a new Management Board to replace the previous Board of Management.
The Board consists of the Heads of the five House departments, and up to three external advisors, including the Director of the Parliamentary ICT Service (PICT) who attends the Board with executive responsibility for PICT.
- David Natzler (Acting Clerk of the House, Chamber and Committee Services)
- John Benger (Acting Head of Department, Information Services, standing invitation to attend Management Board meetings)
- Andrew Walker (Director General, Human Resources and Change)
- Myfanwy Barrett (Director, Finance)
- John Borley (Director General, Facilities)
- Matthew Taylor (Acting Head of PICT, standing invitation to attend Management Board meetings)
- Jacqy Sharpe (Acting Head of the Department of Chamber and Committee Services, standing invitation to attend Management Board meetings)
- Dame Janet Gaymer Chair - (external non-executive Board Member)
- Barbara Scott (external non-executive Board Member)
The Board is responsible for the management of the services provided for the House of Commons by the Departments of the House; advising the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons on the nature and level of services that should be provided by joint departments of the two Houses; and giving advice on these services to the Commission and the Finance and Services Committee.
The Commission has delegated to the Board most of its statutory functions related to the employment of staff - including keeping terms and conditions in the House Service broadly in line with those in the Civil Service. It also maintains contact with the officially recognised trade unions through the Whitley Committee and its sub-committees.
Office of the Chief Executive
Tel: 020 7219 1707
Fax: 020 7219 1349