On Thursday 4 December the House of Lords EU External Affairs Sub-Committee will take evidence from Dmitry A Polyanskiy, Deputy Director, First Department of CIS Countries, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Russia.
The evidence session is part of an inquiry into the relationship between the EU and Russia, which is expected to report in early 2015.
The evidence session will take place on Thursday 4 December in Committee Room 1, House of Lords.
- At 10.05am: Mr Dmitry A. Polyanskiy, Deputy Director, First Department of CIS Countries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation.
- How and why was the Eurasian Economic Union formed?
- What are relations like between the EU and the Eurasian Economic Union?
- What are the implications of the Eurasian Economic Union for parallel EU trade agreements?
- What mistakes were made by the EU and individual Member States in the run up to the crisis in Ukraine?
- What impact will Ukraine's Free Trade Agreement with the EU have on Ukraine-Russia trade?
- Why have Russia and the EU struggled to build a cooperative and beneficial relationship?