Work experience

The House of Commons offers work experience to secondary school students as part of their careers education, students must be over 14 years old and up to 18 years old to take part in work experience

What can I do?

The House of Commons is made up of a number of departments and offices. Roles vary from committee clerks to chefs, HR officers to craft & maintenance specialists.  To find out more information about the departments you can gain work experience in, please go to the Departments & Offices of the House of Commons webpage.

How do I apply for work experience?

The application process for the 2015 Work Experience scheme will open on 1 February 2015.

The placements will be for one week commencing 22 June or 29 June 2015.

Working for an MP

If you would like to apply for work experience with an MP, you need to contact their constituency office directly. More information can be found on the w4mp website.


Commons Information Office

Contact us to find out more about the work, history and membership of the Commons.