The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will take evidence in connection with Rural broadband on Wednesday 10 December at 3pm, in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
This session will examine the current broadband coverage in rural areas and the new digital-only services. It will also look at the "Assisted Digital" support being offered.
The Committee will take evidence from:
- Andrew Clark, Director of Policy, National Farmers Union
- George Dunn, Chief Executive of Tenant Farmers Association
- Chris Townsend, Chief Executive Officer, Broadband Delivery UK
- George Eustice MP, Minister for Farming, Food and the Marine Environment, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Liam Maxwell, Government Digital Service, Cabinet Office
- Sara Eppel, Head of Rural Communities Policy Unit, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Mark Grimshaw, Chief Executive, Rural Payments Agency