About the session
Please note that this visit is available to UK schools only.
Explore the Palace of Westminster, learning about the history of Parliament and the art and architecture of the buildings which have come to be so recognised. This experience is great for those who want a short visit to experience first-hand the Palace of Westminster through a focused, educational tour.
Because the Palace is the home of our working Parliament we cannot always show you everything.
Your visit might include:
- The House of Commons or House of Lords chambers
- Westminster Hall, the last remaining part of the original Palace
- Central Lobby, at the very heart of the Parliamentary Estate
Open to: UK students from Key Stage 2 to 5
Places per session: 25 (to include students and teachers)
Dates: See "How to Book" section below
Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Visiting times and information
Palace of Westminster tours will run at the following times from Monday - Wednesday:
09:05 - 10:20
09:15 - 10:30
10:20 - 11:35
10:25 - 11:40
10:35 - 11:50
11:45 - 13:00
11:50 - 13:05
11:55 - 13:10
12:00 - 13:15
How to book
Bookings for our school tours of Parliament are booked through our telephone bookings days. We advise that you note the booking line opening date for the term you're interested in:
- 2 September-19 December 2014: limited availability
- 5 January - 27 March 2015 : lines open at 8:30am on Friday 10 October 2014
- (NB : Education programmes will not run 16 - 20 February 2015)
- April to July 2015 ; term dates TBC : lines open 8:30 am on Thursday 8 January 2015
On the day please call 0207 219 4496 and we can only take requests via telephone, not e-mail.
Before calling our telephone line on bookings day, make sure you know what to expect by reading our information for bookings day
Please note that Parliament's Education Service programmes are extremely popular and fill up quickly.
Map of the Parliamentary estate