What does the audio tour cover?
The audio commentary brings to life this tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons. The audio tour takes approximately 60 to 75 minutes and Visitor Assistants are on hand all along the tour route to answer questions. Tour highlights include:
- Queen's Robing Room
- Royal Gallery
- Prince’s Chamber
- Lords Chamber
- Central Lobby
- Members’ Lobby
- No Lobby
- Commons Chamber
- St Stephen’s Hall
- Westminster Hall
Audio tours are currently offered in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Mandarin.
A family version of the audio tour, aimed at children aged 7 to 12, is also available in English. The engaging commentary is in the style of a ‘live’ news broadcast with time travelling reporters ‘reporting from the scene’ on stories associated with the Houses of Parliament.
For visitors who are deaf or who have a hearing loss a screen-based version of the audio tour is available in British Sign Language.
The line of route is occasionally subject to variation due to Parliamentary business.
A preview of what will be seen on the tour can be viewed on the online tours.
Afternoon tea in the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on selected weekdays during Parliamentary recesses including the summer, Christmas and Easter.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- All Saturdays until 25 October 2014
- Monday to Friday between 31 July and 29 August 2014
- Tuesday to Friday between 16 September and 10 October 2014 (except 1 October 2014)
Tickets for later dates will be on sale shortly.
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day between the following times:
- Saturday 9.20am to 4.30pm
- Monday 1.20pm to 5.30pm
- Tuesday to Friday 9.20am to 5.30pm (31 July to 29 August 2014)
- Tuesday to Friday 9.20am to 4.30pm (16 September to 10 October 2014)
The tour route closes one hour after the final admissions.
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £17.50
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £15
- Children (5-15 years): One child free with each paying adult, but will require a ticket for admission, £7 for each additional child
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
Individual bookings can be made:
- Online on the ticketmaster website
- By telephone on 0844 847 1672 (calling from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (calling from outside the UK)
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 4 on the map).
The Ticket Office is open Monday to Saturday between 8.45am and 4.45pm.
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
Group bookings can be made:
- By telephone on 0844 847 2498 (from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (from outside the UK)
We regret that group bookings cannot be made online at this time.
Cancellation, Refunds and Exchanges
Tickets are non-refundable and time or date exchanges can only be arranged in advance of the event date. Exchanges can be arranged on the booking numbers provided.
Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to Parliamentary business. In the event of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund or will be able to book an alternative date. Compensation for accommodation and travel expenses are not provided.