Bantuan / Forum Bantuan

Topik Hangat

[Official Thread] Flickr photo page beta
Terbaru: 15 menit yang lalu
[Official Thread] Using a Yahoo username and password to sign in to Flickr
Terbaru: 64 menit yang lalu
[Official Thread] Flickr API switching to https-only today!
Terbaru: 7 jam yang lalu
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr experience on Apple TV
Terbaru: 2 hari yang lalu

Diskusi Saat Ini

please help flickr suddenly deleted my account
Terbaru: 35 menit yang lalu
apply photo sittings on my cam
Terbaru: 2 jam yang lalu
Why does Flickr want 3rd party site (presumably) to have access my private photos?
BUG ? Clicking on my in-caption links converts Caption box to EDIT mode, rather than taking me to the linked photo
Photo Visibility
Autosync failed to upload a lot of photos!
share not working
Using photos for a college texbook
[bug] Jumping bug - 100% reproducible 100% predictable clue to cause (both IE and FF)
Why are tags now listed in reverse order on photo pages?
Terbaru: 3 jam yang lalu
[BUG] Photos not loading in Explorer 11
Terbaru: 4 jam yang lalu
How to batch remove photos from the auto sync (auto upload) set?
Terbaru: 4 jam yang lalu
Lainnya...

Cari di Forum Bantuan

Bad Panda

divewizard bilang:

When I try to view my photos in Firefox I get "Bad Panda." When I try with IE I only get a very small thumbnail. What is the problem?
Di-posting pada 22:55, 25 Juni 2014 ( permalink | balas )

view photos

divewizard bilang:

The new page works on my tiny windows XP computer with firefox. On win 7 with firefox I get bad panda (and yes I cleared the cache), on win 7 with IE I just get a tiny thumbnail. On linux with firefox it seems to work as designed.
Di-posting pada 2 minggu yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

divewizard bilang:

On Win 7 64 with firefox 30.0 I get Bad Panda (yes I cleared the cache and restarted)

On Win 7 64 with IE 11.0.8 I just get a small thumbnail

On win XP 32 on a net book with Firefox 30 it works fine

On Mint Linux with firefox 30 it works fine.

view photos

divewizard bilang:

It is now working with On Win 7 64 with IE 11.0.8 but I still get bad panda with Firefox

view photos

divewizard bilang:

whit firefox on win 7 64 it starts to display the page and then switches to Bad Panda

view photos

divewizard bilang:

Why is the new layout incompatible with Firefox and Windows 7/64. It briefly (200ms) flashes the picture and then gives me BAD PANDA. I have cleared the cache and deleted the cookies, but it still will not work.

For me I get Bad Panda when using Firefox 30.0 on Win 7/64
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0"

It does work with the following combinations

I works fine now with IE11 and win7/64, but last night this was not working
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; BOIE9;ENUSMSE; rv:11.0) like Gecko

It works fine with Linux and Firefox 29.0
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0

And it works fine wit Win XP/32 and Firefox 30.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0

If I use Win XP/32 and IE8 it works
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

view photos

HoosierSands bilang:

I'm using FF30 and Windows 7/64 and not having any pandas.

view photos

Dorsetdunk bilang:

divewizard:

oh hell you still stuck

there was a latency sever issue (nope no idea ) that was effecting 1 person in the hot topic staff were working on it did not see if there was a fix released though
possibly you are in the same boat so add new page bug to title
i am getting the odd bad panda pop up when back navigating
so expect staff are not taking much notice of the odd report
hope you get sorted soon

view photos

vidterry bilang:

FF28 (my choice) and Win7/64...no bad pandas seen here.

view photos

anywhen bilang:

same here ... when I select a picture .... "bad panda" ... FF30 on Win 8.1 64bit ... Google Chrome - no problems

view photos

Candice, AKA Bessie Smith bilang:

I'm seeing the panda using Firefox 30 om Mac OSX 10.9.3. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Safari.

ETA that when I click on an image, the page starts to load and I will see it for a second before the bad panda page pops up.
Candice, AKA Bessie Smith mengedit topik ini 2 minggu yang lalu.

view photos

Un Reve En Rouge bilang:

I get Bad Panda on Win 8.1, IE11, but not Win 8 & IE10, or on Chrome.

view photos

Flickr Staff

waferbaby bilang:

Can you guys send me some sample photo URLs that you're seeing Bad Panda on?

view photos

ko.wildlifephotography bilang:

waferbaby:

Bad Pandas for me too unfortunately - even on my own photos - here is the URL example: www.flickr.com/photos/ko-wildlifephotography/14336075327/

Using Firefox on Win 7

It is ok on Win XP and Android

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

Count myself as another Firefox v30 on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 user getting Bad Pandas left and right when visiting photo pages, whether from my photostream (sample: www.flickr.com/photos/41002268@N03/14394077416/), my favorites, or my homepage. Also, when I click on a photo in a search, nothing happens.

Safari 7.0.4 works OK.

view photos

GalaxyTraveler bilang:

Same for me SINCE DAYS! Only Firefox... Windows 7 64 bit, location: Germany (but English settings). Everytime you click on a picture-thumbnail to open the regular view including the comments below. You see the picture for about a second, then it always switches to the "bad panda" error-page.

view photos

Flickr Staff

waferbaby bilang:

GalaxyTraveler:

So run me through the scenario that has you ending up on a Bad Panda? I'm trying to replicate it on my end here.

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

I experience the same Bad Panda problem using IE11 on a W7 32-bit Home Premium OS. This started right after the roll-out of last Lay-out change.

Image i had choosen sometimes very briefly visible but right there after Bad Panda.

No problem when using Chrome.

Before last Flickr Lay-out change (and still) i have problem with IE11 when viewing a Group page (the overview). Images very briefly visible then they disappear (all white).
These 2 problems could be related.
Have a look at this image which shows the place of a script error :
2014-04-16 17_52_44-Flickr_ The Plustek OpticFilm 120 Pool - Internet Explorer

Text "Toegang geweigerd" means "Access denied" so this could be a rights problem.

btw I don't have that "Group overview" problem when runing IE11 on W7 Prof. 32-bit on desktop at my work.
Hans Kerensky mengedit topik ini 2 minggu yang lalu.

view photos

GalaxyTraveler bilang:

waferbaby:

The problem occurs everytime I want to view a photo, no matter where, in which group, from contacts or my own photostream. All "listings" work as usual, I see the small previews in my photostream, in groups like www.flickr.com/groups/magnetspheres/pool/ or everywhere else.

As soon as I click on one of those previews/thumbnails, flickr loads the regular "detail-page" for just about half or one second (long enough to see it), but then displays the "bad panda" page instead with the text " Bad, bad panda!
Come on. We want photos.
We’re aware of the problem and are fixing it. Thanks for your patience."

It's only in Firefox (I'm using 30.0, German version) and it doesn't matter if I'm logged in into my flickr-account or not, the problem appears for both. In Google Chrome and Opera it works flawless.

Btw. it would be good if replies to own forum-comments would appear within the "recent activity" page.
GalaxyTraveler mengedit topik ini 2 minggu yang lalu.

view photos

Dorsetdunk bilang:

waferbaby:
5 bad pandas yesterday on the latest FF windows 7 location uk
just seem to pop up while navigating then gone again before i can capture the url not confined to the photopage but site wide.
purged cache the day before so there not left over from your tinkering of the photo page in the past
keep you posted if more turn up today see if i can spot a pattern
Dorsetdunk mengedit topik ini 2 minggu yang lalu.

view photos

ColleenM bilang:

However, I'm using FF Win 7 and not seeing any of these issues.

view photos

Dorsetdunk bilang:

ColleenM:
i had a whole spate of bad pandas and errors when i first got the new page and put that down to Flickr working in the background so was not unduly concerned ,
but thought i best mention i was still getting them yesterday
ps none today though yet

view photos

ColleenM bilang:

Dorsetdunk:

put that down to Flickr working in the background so was not unduly concerned

Yes, I did too.

My comment was solely meant to help staff with the diagnostics.

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

Okay, this is getting weird...

I tried Firefox on another Mac running OS X 10.9.3 to see if I could duplicate the issue. Since FF on this Mac had not been updated yet (still at v29), this was a great opportunity to see if the issue is update-related. I did not encounter a single Bad Panda at all with FF 29.0.

After updating FF to v30, hmm...no errors, not a Bad Panda in sight (except, of course, if I search for the source image :) ). Clicking on searched images works without a hiccup, too!

Could it be an add-on causing the errors?

view photos

ColleenM bilang:

Carbon Arc:

That's often the case.

An easy way to diagnose that issue is to start your browser in 'safe' mode with all add-ons and extensions turned off.

Add them back one by one to see which one is the culprit.

view photos

GalaxyTraveler bilang:

For me things have slightly changed at the moment: I'm able to see the fotos again, even in Firefox - but just when logged OUT. As soon as I'm logged IN, bad panda page appears again instead. In Opera both works flawless, regardless if logged in or out.

UPDATE: Today (June 29), in contrary to yesterday, bad panda also appears again when logged OUT.

view photos

ColleenM bilang:

GalaxyTraveler:

You may want to try starting Firefox in 'safe' mode and see if the issue resolves itself.

Flickr has recently made security changes to the site. Many extensions and scripts no longer work correctly. You may find that disabling any out-of-date scripts will solve the problem.

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

I've been getting the same bad panda for DAYS everytime I click on anyone's image, including my own. Win 7/64 running IE. What the heck? This account is unusable as is.

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

ColleenM:

On my Bad-Panda-plagued installation, I tried FF with add-ons disabled — even going as far as rebooting the OS in Safe Boot mode and then again trying FF sans add-ons — but the problem persists.

view photos

Dan'sFlickrFeed bilang:

I can confirm I get Bad Panda for maybe the last week when trying to view a full size image from any gallery on Win 7 64bit with Firefox 30. I cleared my cache (robustly) using Ccleaner and started Firefox in safe mode with all plugins disabled. Still same issue. Very annoying to see this magnitude of issue. This is a very common OS/browser combination and should have been thoroughly tested before going live.

view photos

GalaxyTraveler bilang:

waferbaby:

It clearly depends on the LANGUAGE or to be precise on changes you did for the English version of Flickr! If I switch my language to German, everything's fine even in Firefox, but as soon as I switch back to English, bad panda page comes again...

German, Spanish, French, Italien, Portuguese... ALL ARE FINE!

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

To the FLICKR SOFTWARE DEBUGGING TEAM :

I have this problem everytime i want to load a Flickr Image from a Photostream, Group Pool, Album, Directly etc.

This only happens in Internet Explorer 11, not in Chrome.

I did start up IE11 Debugger and catched moment when it goes wrong.
This Script, in Line 13 :
YUI 3.16.0-rc-1 (build c2054c6)
Copyright 2014 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the BSD License.
yuilibrary.com/license/
*/

See also screenshot of Debugger :

2014-06-29 12_23_39-Flickr- Internet Explorer11_Problem

Text marked in red translates to something like this in English :
Cannot load the property "then" of an undefined link or a link to an empty value

For what it is worth !
Only way i can use Flickr now is with another browser then IE11.

The image i wanted to open is still visible (so opened !) at this moment. However when i stop debugging i would receive the Bad Panda screen immediatly.

Please consider this a a major Bug !

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

GalaxyTraveler:

Great discovery! When I switched to español, everything worked cómo un campeón (like a champ). Once I switch back to English within a photo page, the Bad Panda promptly makes his (her? its?) return. I noticed the Spanish-language page is similar to the old layout, using system fonts instead of the custom Avenir-like font the new layout pulls up, so it appears the problem is related to the layout change.

As much as an ergonomic nightmare the New Photo Experience page was, I could live with it temporarily while the improved NPE replacement page is debugged further.

view photos

waferbaby:

Any URL I click on gives me the Bad Panda. Here's a random one I clicked on: www.flickr.com/photos/kala54/14537248912/

And this one: www.flickr.com/photos/wizardofx/14526474492/

Even photos on my own stream: www.flickr.com/photos/ccmonty/14489974896/

Doesn't matter what link I click on.

And what usually happens is the image page loads for a fast second, then the bad panda page appears.

view photos

Atget's Apprentice bilang:

A random bad panda of mine. www.flickr.com/photos/echosnare/12843557385/

I'm using Win 8.1 x64, IE 11.

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

Candice, AKA Bessie Smith:

When you click on a photo in a search page, does its address appear in your browser's URL bar but nothing else happens?

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

Atget's Apprentice:

On my system, that link brings up a 404 (page not found) error, not the Bad Panda.

view photos

Carbon Arc:

The URL is in the address bar, the page appears to be loading, then suddenly the bad panda page appears.

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

Candice, AKA Bessie Smith:

Thanks for your reply!

In my case, I do not get any activity other than the URL appearing in the URL bar when I click on a searched image. Reloading the page (Command-R or the curved arrow in the URL bar) will bring up the photo page for a second or two before Bad Panda surfaces (and almost always when the status indicator in the lower-left corner of the page reads, FWIW, Waiting for s.yimg.com ).

view photos

Carbon Arc:

I should also add that it doesn't always happen, it's completely arbitrary when it happens. For instance, about 5 minutes ago, i was getting the bad panda, I restarted Firefox, and it's not happening right now.

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

I notice no 'staffers' are chiming in.....a paid subscription apparently doesn't mean we have purchased something useable. This is ridiculous!!

view photos

Genyphyr @ Alps Photo bilang:

divewizard:

It's not working as designed ! I am on a Macbook Pro 15" with a retina screen and NONE of my photos will show up - only that stupid Bad Panda page - when I click on them.

Incredibly pathetic. Been going on all day now and started late last night !!! It worked with the new format earlier last night on this same machine. WTF Flickr ???

view photos

Carbon Arc:

I get the exact same behaviour on Firefox and not on Safari. It worked earlier last night with the new format on Firefox (btw not a big fan of latest format & really getting sick of all the half baked changes going on there - also unhappy with the new smaller photo size when you view one) and at some point very late last night Europe time Bad Panda started loading instead of the photo on Firefox - it flashes for a millisecond sometimes. It's continuing today.

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

To the FLICKR SOFTWARE DEBUGGING TEAM :

BAD PANDA problem with Internet Explorer 11 SOLVED :-)
(see also my earlier posting here).

In Menu Extra, Internet Options
Tab Security
Choose "Trusted Websites"
Choose Level "Normal"
Click "Websites"
Add Flickr address (see my image) and ensure Serververification is selected.
Restart Internet Explorer.

Done !

btw This solved also another problem i had with IE11 on Flickr, that the images in a Group pool are only very briefly visible and then go blanc.. After this options change they stay :-) Great !

2014-06-29 12_23_39-Flickr- Internet Explorer11_Problem (02)

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

Didn't work for me....Hey FLICKR staff, where the HELL are YOU?????

view photos

Chalkie_CC bilang:

Ok so I have the same Bad Panda pages with Firefox 30 and can get it to work by changing to the Spanish version of the site.... so all I need to do is to learn Spanish now!

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

Chalkie_CC:

You don't have to use another language. You can allways return to an older version of Flickr Lay-out by simply using a so called "User Agent" Emulator or Spoofer.

I have to do this many times as only the older lay-out enables me to retain a workflow (menu item Edit Title, Tags and Date).

Usually i select Mozilla Firefox User Agent in Internet Explorer 11 Emulator prgramm.

See also :
2014-03-26 Flickr New Old Style (01)

view photos

Chalkie_CC bilang:

@ Hans; Thanks for that Hans but I have worked out that Chrome works fine on my XP machine and I can now use Flickr again!

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

We should not be forced to use a workaround for something we are paying for.....I see FLICKR has been mum on this whole mess. Where are they in keeping up with their contractual responsibilities??? Certainly If any one of their users does something outside of the agreement, they are on them like stink on shit. They won't answer us? Time to start bashing them on every social media site!

view photos

ColleenM bilang:

cmraseye:

Did you send staff the URLs they requested?

view photos

Flickr Staff

vaanan_kannan bilang:

Apologies that you'll are still facing issues... For those of you who are still seeing the issue, could you please chime in with some URLs that are throwing the Bad Pandas, as well as the platform (OS/Browser) that you are seeing this in, and the context (are you seeing it when you click from the photostream, or search, etc)...Any additional details would be super helpful in identifying the issue...

view photos

All my photos I uploaded are giving Bad Panda when I click on them - here is one that gets it. This started in the middle of the night on Sunday/Monday Europe time ... www.flickr.com/photos/genyphyr/14535256901/in/photostream/ . It works on Safari but on Firefox it flashes up my photo briefly then goes to bad panda.

view photos

Orbmiser bilang:

Weird Genyphyr @ Alps Photo: As link loads fine in my Firefox 30 running on Win 7 and on Linux desktop.

And only have had a occasional Bad Panda a couple of days ago for a couple of page loads but nothing since then for me. Portland,Or. PST.

view photos

Flickr Staff

vaanan_kannan bilang:

Orbmiser, Genyphyr @ Alps Photo:

Thanks for that...

Genyphyr @ Alps Photo:
Is this on Windows 8.1 and Firefox 30?

view photos

Chalkie_CC bilang:

@vaanan_kannan: I am on XP and Firefox v30. If I try to click on a picture, any picture, I just get a 'Bad Panda' screen and no time for a URL to be shown. Strange that if I change to German or Spanish it all works like it should?
I have now downloded Google Chrome and everything works well with that.

view photos

agroupmod bilang:

vaanan_kannan:

win 7/Pro Firefox 30.0
Firefox in SAFE MODE (no addins)
ALL PHOTOS whether selected from my own photostream, Group Listings, or Photo Moderation (in groups) screens.

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

vaanan_kannan:

To repeat...Firefox v30 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks. Bad Pandas surface within a second or two whenever I attempt to view a photo from my home page, my Photostream, a Group, etc. (it seems to pop up whenever the status indicator shows Waiting for s.yimg.com .

When clicking on a searched image, the URL appears in the URL bar but nothing else occurs. The stalled page will attempt to load when I reload the page, but then the Bad Panda makes a prompt visit.

As I and others have pointed out earlier, the page works fine when switched to a non-English language; I've noticed, at least in the Spanish version, the page layout appears to be from a previous design generation and probably not affected by this Bad Panda bug.

view photos

loupiote (Old Skool) pro bilang:

Carbon Arc:

As I and others have pointed out earlier, the page works fine when switched to a non-English language;

of course, because in that case, you get to use the pre-NPE photo-pages, rather than the Fred/Zeta (which has the bad panda bug).

Carbon Arc:
I've noticed, at least in the Spanish version, the page layout appears to be from a previous design generation and probably not affected by this Bad Panda bug.

correct, that's what happens if you use another language.

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

vaanan_kannan:

Have a look at my posting earlier in this stream. It descibes how i solved my Bad Panda poblems with IE11 !!

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157644959186187/#reply7...

view photos

free photos & art bilang:

Hans Kerensky:

Hi tried looking at it but get a bad panda when I click on it (lol)

its some thing in my system I get it on all photos on Flickr

and it has to de with the resent Flickr upgrade .it started than.

I am not going to fiddle around on my p.c. setting to find and change a

setting just only for Flickr use .

perhaps one of the staff can come and visit me here at home and do it for me ;-)

only fair I think ,they created the problem .

sad really Flickr never been as good as now with the latest upgrade

and it does not work for me
Di-posting pada 1 minggu yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )
free photos & art mengedit topik ini 1 minggu yang lalu.

view photos

southliving bilang:

Well, at least you guys GET the panda screen...
Without VPN it now seems we don't have Flickr at ALL in China.

PC: W7, browsers: Chrome, Opera and Firefox
Phone: XiaoMi2S Android Flickr App

Nothing working....

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

vaanan_kannan:

ALL and ANY photos when trying to view them individually.

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

ColleenM:

its ALL photos when viewed individually....not just a few URL's

view photos

free photos & art bilang:

well my bad panda is gone after downloading java if found

later bad panda returns !

so no idea what makes it happen
free photos & art mengedit topik ini 10 hari yang lalu.

view photos

bc50099 bilang:

Free photo & art - I installed quickjava to toggle, and indeed when I turn off java I can open pics on FF30 with my 10.7.5 Mac OS, but not when java is active. So I have to do the workaround of opening the photostream, and before viewing a specific pic have to disable java. Argh.
Di-posting pada 10 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

vaanan_kannan:

No. I am on Mac Mavericks.

view photos

Hans Kerensky:

This is not "solving bad panda" problems - it is a *workaround* and a ridiculous one at that.

Flickr needs to resolve the bad Panda problems. And they are on lots of different browers it seems. I am on Firefox 30 and Mac Mavericks. Tried emtpying the cache, restarting etc. and it has no effect. I get 1-2 seconds of the photo displaying and then that ridiculous picture since a few hours after you cut over to the https feed ... you guys need to change the panda image as now it only induces anger - poor kid.

view photos

Hans Kerensky bilang:

Genyphyr @ Alps Photo:

Sure i know that it has to be solved by Flickr....... However i had the feeling that the Programmers didn't know where to start searching for a solution. That why i posted my findings ..... addressed to the Programmers ;-)
Di-posting pada 9 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

OK so 4 days later and THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE. I now can see the photo for about 2 seconds instead of a "flash" before Bad Panda comes up - what's going on ??? Hello Flickr ? ? Why do you no longer work on Firefox for so many of us ??
Di-posting pada 7 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

GalaxyTraveler:

Same for me on how this happens - any photo, mine or someone else's, that I try to click on to see only that photo from a photo stream gets the Bad Panda. The only change has been when Flickr went to https. At first it was showing the photo for a fraction of a second. Today I thought it was fixed at first - I clicked on a photo in a stream, and the photo showed properly in the new format for about 2 seconds -- but then after that, the stupid Bad Panda picture appeared over it ...

view photos

Dan'sFlickrFeed bilang:

I am still having this problem as well. Come on Yahoo. Flickr has effectively been down for me for a week and a half now. Is it really too much to expect that if I click on a picture it loads? That is the BAREST expectation of functionality for which your users are paying. I am using FIrefox 30 on Windows 7 64bit. I've tried starting Firefox in Safe Mode (which disables all plugins) and cleared my cache, cookies, etc...

I'm about ready to go back to running my galleries off my own web servers...

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

I posted on another thread, I figured out what's going on here after the flickr staff could not despite e-mailing back and forth with them. Regardless of your browser type, make sure 'DOM storage' is enabled. It is required by the new flickr software. I assure you this will fix all the 'bad panda' problems. Use this link to access the feature and make sure you ENABLE it.

webdevwonders.com/clear-dom-storage/

view photos

mikkashar bilang:

cmraseye:

Likewise for me -- bad pandas on all photo pages mine or other people's -- they load for a bit and show me the small version of the photo but not comments or various other bits of metadata, then they fail over to the bad panda. I'm running Firefox 30 on Ubuntu linux, though. Doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not. This's been consistent for more than two weeks now.

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

mikkashar:

enable "DOM storage" in your browser. it will fix the problem : )

view photos

Chalkie_CC bilang:

@cmraseye: Thanks for that...at least someone knows what he's doing! I can now view pictures again! Can I suggest you send the fix to Flickr staff as they obviously do not know the answer to all our problems!
Di-posting pada 6 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

Chalkie_CC:

I did send it to them as the last volley in our e-mail exchange....of course to that I received no answer : )

view photos

Carbon Arc bilang:

cmraseye:

Yes, that's it! I typed about:config in the URL bar, located the dom.storage.enable setting, and found it was set to false. After double-clicking the setting to change it to True (cue the Hallelujah Choir), no more Bad Pandas.

Great discovery and many thanks for your post, cmraseye. You deserve an award!

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

Carbon Arc:

You're welcome! : ))) and I appreciate the kudos!
Di-posting pada 5 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

Dan'sFlickrFeed bilang:

cmraseye:

Enabling DOM Storage in about:config fixed this issue for me, but I am uncomfortable with the solution DOM Storage is like cookies on steroids and have a lot of privacy/security issues. I normally operate with my browser in a very locked down state and dislike the idea of having this enabled globally, as it allows for data to be stored from session to session.

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

waferbaby:

2 major bugs:

When clicking "Add Photo" on any group's page I'm subsequently taken to the Bad Panda page and then it disappears and the correct page appears to add photos to the group, but every single time when clicking "Add Photo" from ANY group's page first I see the Bad Panda page and then the correct page appears.

The second bug is after adding a photo the message displays: "Success! Would you like to add something else?" and clicking on that link does absolutely nothing.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Using the latest edition of Firefox.

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

vaanan_kannan:

2 major bugs:

When clicking "Add Photo" on any group's page I'm subsequently taken to the Bad Panda page and then it disappears and the correct page appears to add photos to the group, but every single time when clicking "Add Photo" from ANY group's page first I see the Bad Panda page and then the correct page appears.

The second bug is after adding a photo the message displays: "Success! Would you like to add something else?" and clicking on that link does absolutely nothing.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

view photos

Zoom Lens:

on what OS?

view photos

letscompare.in bilang:

divewizard you are absolutely right, some of my friend photos affect by bad panda. I do lots search but i didn't find perfect solution for it.

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

loupiote (Old Skool) pro:

Windows Vista. No problems whatsoever until a few days ago.

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

Dan'sFlickrFeed:

I agree Dan....unfortunately many sites are now utilizing DOM storage. My GUESS is that it relieves some of the temporary storage requirements on their servers and possibly allows larger page content to be loaded faster.

The downside of course is the vulnerability, for sure!!!!!!

view photos

cmraseye bilang:

letscompare.in:

Enable 'DOM storage' on your browser....should fix it.....if not, reply here, I'll be curious.

view photos

Anton Schedlbauer bilang:

Had the same problem. Windows 7, FF and IE. Enable DOM storage did fix the problem on both browsers!

Thanx cmraseye!

To make it complete: the problem did only happen when signed in.

Did contact flicker twice. They did reply nothing that was meaningful.
Anton Schedlbauer mengedit topik ini 5 hari yang lalu.

view photos

Flickr Staff

alexseville bilang:

Hi guys,

You can disable local storage in FF again if you'd like, I've patched the problem.

view photos

Saffron Blaze bilang:

alexseville:

in FF

Just FF?

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

alexseville:

I'm still experiencing the problem I've stated above.

(2 major bugs:

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Using the latest edition of Firefox.)

view photos

Zoom Lens:

I'm still experiencing the problem I've stated above.

and you cleared the cache, right?

if not, you are probably still using the old flickr javascript code.

view photos

The Searcher bilang:

Saffron Blaze: Different browsers handle it differently. There's currently no way to disable that form of storage in Chrome, for example. FF appeared to give people greater control over various privacy/security features than other browsers.

view photos

Flickr Staff

alexseville bilang:

Zoom Lens:

I'm not able to reproduce this at all. Is there a chance you have plugins or greasemonkey scripts that may be interfering with the page?

Also, when did this start happening?

view photos

Saffron Blaze bilang:

The Searcher:

Sigh. Was referring to IE.

view photos

mikkashar bilang:

alexseville:

Thank you, Alex! Could you tell us what the problem and fix were?

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

loupiote (Old Skool) pro:

I cleared the cache, yes.
Di-posting pada 4 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

alexseville:

A few days ago. I've made a video and can upload it if need be so that you can see what's happening.

view photos

Flickr Staff

alexseville bilang:

Zoom Lens:

Yeah, a video would be great to help us figure out what's going for you.

Is this happening on a groups page, or a photo page?

view photos

Zoom Lens bilang:

alexseville:

A groups page:

(2 major bugs:

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Using the latest edition of Firefox.)

My computer crashed and burned and I'm using someone else's until I can get a new one, so it may be a bit before I can upload the video showing the action.

I use Stylish to eliminate the hideous purple nav bar and to unstick the big black box across my photostream, but I've used those forever and never had the above problem until just a few days ago.
Di-posting pada 3 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

view photos

I had been getting the Bad Panda, but a few days ago, Firefox began being weird in general so I reset it, and that solved the problems I was having with the browser, including the Bad Panda issue.
Di-posting pada 3 hari yang lalu. ( permalink | balas )

Berlangganan feed kreasi di halaman ini... Feed – Berlangganan untuk membantu thread diskusi