Software Engineer - Partnerships
The Flickr API is one of the largest and most widely used product APIs in the world. Handling billions of requests per day, the API powers all of Flickr's web, desktop, and mobile applications as well as tens of thousands of applications from the developer community. We are extremely proud of what has been done with the Flickr API; developers creating completely new features and experiences, integration into services and devices used by millions of people every day, and the numerous ways that the Flickr API has influenced the web we know and love. We're working to make sure the API continues to grow and evolve, and we need your help!
As a Partner Engineer, you will be at the center of the API platform at Flickr. You will work closely with partners to define the best Flickr experience in a wide range of devices and services.
This position will include working with internal and external partners, the Flickr engineering team, and the Flickr developer community (over 50,000 daily active apps) to create beautiful photo experiences with Flickr APIs.
You will have the technical knowledge and communication skills to be the primary point of contact for engineers and product managers -- both at Flickr and within partner organizations -- as well as the industry knowledge and experience to ensure that developers love working with Flickr.
What you’ll do:
- Create momentum and drive the success of Flickr with your interactions with external partner developers and building applications with them.
- Support partners with design and implementation of API integrations.
- Write code! Work with engineering teams to implement features.
- Clearly communicate and prioritize feature requests from external parties.
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience with web and API development.
- Broad and deep knowledge of and experience of several big API platforms like Flickr, Twitter, Facebook.
- Experience with and understanding of API authentication systems including OAuth, OAuth 2, and legacy systems (HTTP Basic, xAuth, etc.). Know the pros and cons related to each.
- Excellent written, personal communication, and presentation skills.
- Examples of API integrations that you have developed.
- Extensive knowledge of HTTP. It's okay (even encouraged) if you're upset with us about headers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a similar technical degree.
- Prior work with high volume UGC sites
- Prior experience developing user-generated content features
- Experience with data driven feature development (like A/B testing)
- Experience with Flickr and online photo sharing (send us a link to your photostream!)
This is a regular/full time position, based in our San Francisco office.