Availability and booking dates
Visit availability advice and booking line opening dates are regularly updated here. Please note visits to Parliament are open to UK schools only.
Experiences that can be booked on our Bookings Days
The following programmes will be available to book on our Bookings Days:
"Visit Parliament" programme
- a 2 hour 15 minute tour and workshop session
- available year-round during term time, for KS2-KS5
More about the programme: Visit Parliament
Schools' Tours of Parliament
- a 75 minute tour of the Palace of Westminster
- available year-round for the UK students aged 7-18
More about the programme: School Tours
Introduction to Parliament
- a 1 hour 45 minute session comprising of a 1 hour 15 minute tour of the Palace of Westminster and a 30 minute plenary session
- available year-round for UK students aged 7-18
More about the programme: Introduction to Parliament
How to book the above on Bookings Day:
- lines open at 08:30 on the day
- please call 0207 219 4496 to book
- on the day we can only take requests via telephone, not e-mail
Next Booking Day:
- January-Easter 2014: lines open at 0830am on Thursday 3rd October 2013
- April-July 2014: booking date to be confirmed
Autumn 2013 term:
- 9 September - 25 October and 4 November - 18 December 2013 (with reduced capacity during the Conference recess 13 Sept - 8 Oct)
Our Visit Parliament programme is full for the above term. We do have very limited availability on our Schools' Tours and Introduction to Parliament experiences, mainly early morning. Please ring us on 0207 219 4496 to discuss what we have.
Experiences that are booked via on-line application
The below experiences are not booked on our Bookings Day, but instead via on-line application. Application dates and deadlines are stated under each programme when they are known.
Select Committee Experience
- The Select Committee Experience enables key stage 5 students to explore the role of select committees
- Takes place within the setting of the Grand Committee Room
- Held on Fridays, from summer 2013
- Places are limited to 60 per session.
More about the programme: Select Committee Experience
Discover Parliament sessions
- Run annually at the start of the academic year
- Tailored for post-16 courses
More about the programme: Discover Parliament
Student Parliament programme
- Student debates take place in the grand setting of a parliamentary committee room
- The debates use either House of Lords or House of Commons rules and conventions
Find out more and apply for Student Parliament
Preparing for your visit
Please download the documents below on preparing for your visit to Parliament. Take time to read them before your visit.
If you have any problem downloading these documents please contact us and we can post hard copies or email them to you as Word documents.